12th Annual Pink Ribbon 5K Goes Virtual!
Friday, October 9 – Sunday, October 11, 2020
For the health and safety of our participants and our community, the 2020 Pink Ribbon 5K will be a virtual event. Register online to run or walk anytime between October 9 – 11. You’ll be able to run on your own time and on your own trail, route or even your treadmill! In addition, every participant will be provided with access to RaceJoy, an interactive race app that delivers real-time performance information and allows your family and friends to virtually cheer you on before, during and after the race. This virtual event is designed to inspire you to support the cause while having fun with your friends and family! The event will take place over three days to give you the flexibility to complete your run or walk when it is best for you.
- Early Bird registration: $25 (after August 15th: $30)
- T-shirts: Official 2020 Pink Ribbon 5K t-shirts are not included in this year’s registration fee. T-shirts and other merchandise will be available to order online, click here
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Access to RaceJoy app to keep you and your friends motivated and entertained during your run/walk
- Printable digital race bib
- Registration is open until Friday, October 9th
- Survivors will receive a special survivor t-shirt at registration, courtesy of Chris and Lori Hesen, Survivorship Sponsors
- Special survivor code will be provided at registration
- Please visit the t-shirt site after you register, and enter your code
- Your shirt will be shipped to you at no charge
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience:
- Register Online – and don’t forget to “opt-in” to receive text or email notifications and to include your “virtual” running location.
- Recruit Friends & Family to Form a Team — Compete with other teams for 1) most team members, 2) most states represented & 3) most dollars raised for the cause
- Digital Bib – print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
- Race Weekend – it’s time! Use the RaceJoy app and get out there and run or walk the 5K.
- Submit Results – if you use RaceJoy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
- Submit Photos – from your run or walk showing your bib and share on the Facebook event page.
- Have Fun!
Teams & Fundraising
Now is your chance to include friends and family from all over the world to support your efforts! Come up with a team name, invite your friends and family to join you on your walk or run. Encourage your team to fundraise for the cause; awards will be given to the Top Team Fundraiser and the Top Individual Fundraiser. Be sure that your team members enter your team name during registration.
Results are available for this race! You will be given the option during registration to “opt-in” to receive either text or email notifications. This will be the first step to be able to submit your time, after you complete your race, to get your results published. You will submit your time (HH:MM:SS format) through a text or email, and it will automatically upload to the results. Since there is no way to ensure accuracy or a fair comparison of times submitted, the results will only be used to capture your time, proof of participation and for bragging rights! Results will be displayed as “overall” with the ability to narrow down to your “age group.” Submitting your time for results is optional.
The Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund benefiting Frederick Health was established to provide the most innovative options in early detection and treatment of breast cancer for our community. Proceeds from events like the Pink Ribbon 5K are helping save lives here in Frederick County, Maryland. Every dollar donated is used for direct patient benefit – there are no administrative costs. Learn more.